New Lounger
    Thanks

Delete impossible immediately

In x64 often happens to me that I run a file, I close it and I can not delete immediately, but I have to wait a few minutes.
    Do it have a fix?

Thanks
    Do you have other delete trackers besides Windows' Recycle Bin? My Resplendence Undelux adds a few seconds or a few moments of "wait" because it is creating a file that will point to the ToBeDeleted file -- in case I want that file back.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Diamos,

Are you closing the file from an application like say Excel or Word? Sometimes these applications don't let go of the file until they are closed.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    View all programs that are currently running on your computer in Task Manager, check if there is any process running related to the file is running.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Besides some of the situations already offered in this thread, I can think of two possibilities. First, if you have opted to have file contents indexed and the file in question is one that gets indexed, the indexer could have it open. Second, your anti-virus software might be scanning the file; mine does that after a touch a file. Either situation will prevent a delete from happening.

One way to determine exactly what has the file open is to run Process Monitor from sysinternals. Set the filters to focus on just that file, then open it, close it, and in Process Monitor note what apps are accessing the file.

Thanks
    That used to be a fairly common bug with W7, from the first public Beta on into the release version. I've not heard of it from recent W7 installs, how old is your Windows installation?