jwoods

Review: New Windows 10 version still can't beat Windows 7

Woody calls it like he sees it...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/300...-7.html?page=2

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Joe S (2015-11-15)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unlike those who, lemming-like it seems to me, rush to install the latest thing no matter what state it is in, I can see no advantage for me in W10 - and plenty of issues.
    When my applications and peripherals - the reason I have an OS and a PC - won't work any more I might consider making the change - but until then there is no imperative to change for me, no reason to learn a whole load of new stuff just because I made a change I didn't need and no need to battle with the inevitable glitches.
    Experience says "let the early adopters sort out the problems, follow along some 5 years later when its all settled down again".

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You may say you don't want to deal with the learning and that is perfectly valid. However, if you have not tried the OS let's not parrot what others have said. You don't know for sure you will have "plenty of issues".

Joe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

jwitalka (2015-11-17)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    You may say you don't want to deal with the learning and that is perfectly valid. However, if you have not tried the OS let's not parrot what others have said. You don't know for sure you will have "plenty of issues".

Joe
    That's good advice, and that's exactly why I upgraded from 7 to 8. I didn't want to comment on something I hadn't tried.

I went back to 7 after staying with 8 for a good while.