Star Lounger
    Thanks

KB2901983 (.NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems)

Just now, I happened to check Windows Update and noticed that, probably months ago, I'd flagged KB2901983 (.NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems) to be ignored.

I have only vague memories of the problems with this update, but they must have been annoying enough that I hid the update from view.

What, if anything, should I now do with this update? Is it safe to install it at this point, or should I continue to hide it?

In case it makes any difference, other than this particular KB, I've installed any and all other updates rated "Recommended" or "Important" as of today, November 16.

--Larry

jwoods
    Susan Bradley has given the go ahead for all .NET Framework updates to date.

http://windowssecrets.com/category/patch-watch/

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I was mostly concerned about this update because of its age (it was issued back in January), and all the subsequent reports of problems with it. I can't remember ever waiting this long before applying an update, and I was concerned that subsequent changes might have made things more complicated.

I unhid and installed the update, rebooted my PC, and all seems to have gone well. Since this was the only update applied today, I can easily use System Restore to undo it if need be.

--Larry