Star Lounger
    Thanks

November big update.

First, I got the update installed on both PCs: desktop and laptop. The update for the laptop turned in the "Update and Recovery" and was then installed ok (though it took 1 1/2 hour). For the desktop it did not turn up at all, so I used the creation tool to download the update and install it. On a first check, I found the update is not so exiting. Among the so called "improvements" is the integration of Skype.

Maybe I do not understand what the term integration means, but three new apps. do not work at all. They are: foremost Skype video, and then Phone and Messaging. I think the three are dependent in whatever way. The last two are not working at all. Skype video when started ends in Oops! (how stupid and dumb is this?), then continues: Skype is currently unavailable. Please try again later, and then if you are still having problems, find a solution using this error code: (0xA0000001).
    This one of dumbest and stupidest messaging amongst many, I have ever seen. It seems MS does not know its own error codes. I searched the error code and for sure there is no single solution whatsoever. When something new is installed w/o the user knowing, I can expect that such apps are promptly w/o any problems work. A user should never be confronted with such messages as above.

The described problem applies to both PCs.

Note: I have Skype desktop installed and it working fine. Also, I have a MS account. The Skype account is separate from the MS account. Under W 8.1 I tried to combine the two which failed miserably. In the end I had a heck of a time to get Skype desktop working again.

Any comments or help or similar experience?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Integration is a strange term in this instance, has been commented on a few times elsewhere, and seems to mean different things to designers/programmers and actual users.

I guess they just mean that they're building Skype features into existing standard Windows 10 apps:

Today, the Consumer Preview of Skype Integration begins rolling out as part of the November operating system update for Windows 10 PCs. In this preview we’ve built selected Skype video calling and messaging features, like 1:1 messaging, calling and emoticons, into native Windows 10 apps to make communicating from your desktop quick and easy.
    The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here – Tell us what you want to see next

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Skype is currently unavailable. Please try again later, and then if you are still having problems, find a solution using this error code: (0xA0000001).
    You might check if there are any driver updates for your graphics card on the vendor's site.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Among the so called "improvements" is the integration of Skype.
    I saw a problem with that today when I got an unsolicited 'invite' from a woman? wanting to have contact with me, a lot like a Facebook invite. I have never used Skype and intend to remove it.

jwoods
    Skype can be configured to limit who can contact you.

I use it sometimes for business, but mostly "talking" to relatives in other parts of the country.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I saw a problem with that today when I got an unsolicited 'invite' from a woman? wanting to have contact with me, a lot like a Facebook invite. I have never used Skype and intend to remove it.
    Berton, I think you'll find that these two things aren't related. I've had a small number of those over the last few months (all but the last predating Win 10 release - all on my Android tablet. I don't have Skype on my desktop (no camera or microphone).

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have my drivers all up-to-date! Also all applications are up-to-date! I always take god care of updating my PCs. I like Skype because it saves my a lot of money on phone calls especially overseas, even though the audio quality sometimes is not up to par.

I am still baffled, that the three apps. are absolutely do not work. Addresses etc. are all there in Skype desktop. Could it be that the MS account and the Skype account are separate? I am not concerned with unsolicited invites which I block immediately and report them as spam.