5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using Windows 7 built in system image backup

Computer: Acer Veriton M275 32-bit Win7 Pro SP1 desktop that belongs to the senior citizen center where I volunteer

On 10/30/15 I created a system image backup using Windows 7 built in feature
    Today I created another system image backup using Windows 7 built in feature

On the external hard drive the original WindowsImageBackup 10/30/2015 9:58 AM File folder is still there and I thought it would be overwritten.
    WindowsImageBackup.PNG

Subfolders for todayís system image backup were created. Is this normal?
    >>>
    InfoTech-PC.PNG
    >>>
    Backup 2015-11-17.PNG

Afterward I ran Disk Cleanup including the option to free more disk space by removing all but the most recent restore point. However, the 10/30/15 system image restore point is still there in System Restore.
    >>>
    System Restore.PNG
    Is this normal?
    --- I want to get into the habit of creating monthly system image backups but I donít think I want to see multiple System Image Restore points listed as I donít see the need to use those prior ones.
    --- Plus Iím in favor of freeing up unnecessary disk space
    --- How can I remove the prior system image restore points in System Restore?

jwoods
    Disk Cleanup removes System Restore points, not System Images.

This SevenForums article describes how to delete System Images...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-backups.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-11-17)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks jwoods. I had used that tutorial before from a prior request of mine on how to remove all prior system images without realizing I could retain the most recent one
    By pointing me back to that tutorial I chose to retain the most recent one and I just finished that up
    I also checked my Win7 computer at home and the images I posted are similar to mine so I'm ok on understanding better now on what happens when using Win7 built in system image backup