2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using "mount" command in a dos/batch script

I see that there is this mount command for W8.1 and DOS/Batch scripts. I am trying to convert my bash shell script so I can backup my user files. The options for the command are understandable but I am unsure of how to set the CD/DVD for being read/writeable and if I need to & where to create a directory for the mount point. Some clues for setting up CDROM drive ?

jwoods
    If the media is read/write-able, there is nothing to set, except for the drive path and volume name.

Example:

\?\Volume{c661ca60-2b59-11e2-af9b-806e6f6e6963}\D:\

BTW, it's MOUNTVOL

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/allhelpw81pro_en.php#M
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-11-17 at 18:24.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You don't mount drives in Windows. The CD will already have a drive letter assigned and you just put a disk in and away you go.
    Having said that, I don't think you can easily write to a CD from the command line. What does you script do, we may be able to suggest options?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    In Windows, network drives are 'mounted', in a sense, by mapping the drive, either via Windows Explorer or My Computer or by NET USE in a Command Prompt or BATch file script. Locally-attached drives are already available automatically.

To write data to a CD/DVD drive requires that both the drive and the CD/DVD are 'writeable' - but of course you know that!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want a drop-in replacement for Mount, I suggest checking out the MkLink command.