New Lounger
    Thanks

Battery Manager Program

I recently installed windows 10 on my Vaio vpcf115fm laptop. Windows 10 is working well, but only after doing a refresh install. I now have no sony specific (vaio) programs. The computer is running well and I do not wish to reinstall all the sony bloatware. I do miss the battery program which allowed me to keep my battery charged at 50% to ensure long life. The battery is now 5 years old and ok. Is there a program to replace Sony's? I would install the battery program again, but my first try did not work well and caused win 10 to crash. Any suggestions to keep my battery in the computer and maintain, automatically, the desired charge level? TIA>Bill

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by canopus88 View Post
    I recently installed windows 10 on my Vaio vpcf115fm laptop. Windows 10 is working well, but only after doing a refresh install. I now have no sony specific (vaio) programs. The computer is running well and I do not wish to reinstall all the sony bloatware. I do miss the battery program which allowed me to keep my battery charged at 50% to ensure long life. The battery is now 5 years old and ok. Is there a program to replace Sony's? I would install the battery program again, but my first try did not work well and caused win 10 to crash. Any suggestions to keep my battery in the computer and maintain, automatically, the desired charge level? TIA>Bill
    This Sony page shows a couple of downloads for it but are described as updates, can't tell if you need the original program installed first. I've installed similarly-described updates and they have worked. An issue with third-party programs will be how they tie in with the hardware. Some time ago computers such as Dell that came with the factory-restore partition also included a separate driver CD.

jwoods
    You might want to look at the Battery settings in Advanced Power Options and create a custom power plan.