Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 - mouse hover -

Win 10 works fine. But there is one horror in it: the mousdriver : at almost every movement of the mouse windows changes the window in view. I get crazy of this. examples: if you have 2 pop-ups in front of an bigger window, you can't go from one to the other without invoking the big window to come to the front covering the smaller windows you want to go to. Or if between the task-bar and the window you activated there is even a narrow slice of another window, you cant go from the taskbar to the new window, without activating that other window, etc etc.
    How to get rid of bringing to the front windows by simply hoovering ? The windows have to wait till I clique on them, otherwise I want they stay in the background. I can't find any configuring of this mouse function. Or do I have to replace the windows mouse-drivers by 3thparty drivers to regain control ??
    Thanks for any help to change this

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Windows supplied drivers only provide basic functionality. You might be better off with a full driver from the mouse vendor.

Joe

Star Lounger E Pericoloso Sporgersi's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dieten View Post
    How to get rid of bringing to the front windows by simply hoovering ?
    Navigate to
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Centre\Make the mouse easier to use

In there you'll find a setting for:
    Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse

I guess you'll want that setting OFF (UNchecked).

IHTH.

P.S.
    For hoovering you need a vacuum cleaner, not a mouse.
    E Pericoloso Sporgersi
    "It is Dangerous to Lean Out! [of Windows]"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to E Pericoloso Sporgersi For This Useful Post:

dieten (2015-11-23)

Thanks
    P.S.
    For hoovering you need a vacuum cleaner, not a mouse.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks "dangerous to lean over" I found the check-box you indicate and : it was already unchecked !!!! Out of frustration I checked it on first and than off again and clicked oké : a miracle: now mouse hovering does no longer evoke a background window !! I don't understand this ? But the problem is solved this way.
    (and at the same page I found another solution too: I checked NOT to change windows when I move them to the edge ;-) .