New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2013 automatic send/receive interval does not remain checked

I've searched all over for a solution to this including this forum so forgive me if I've missed it. In File > Options > Advanced I have set the interval for automatic send/receive to 10 minutes. I check the box and click Close. The setting is maintained for an unpredictable period of time after which the check box becomes unchecked and automatic send/receives no longer occur. I repeat this process periodically when I see messages sitting in my Outbox. I've seen several posts on various forums suggesting that Outlook add-ins are to blame. I've disabled all suspicious add-ins leaving only those produced by Microsoft and Kaspersky anti virus which I certainly want to keep. If anyone has information on the possible cause of this I'd be grateful to hear it.

Does Outlook 2016 fix ths?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If this a work system an IT department could be deploying policy changes.
    Do you re-boot the system after making the change and closing Outlook? Does the change survive a re-boot?

I run Outlook 2016 and have never seen this issue. I never saw it on any Outlook 2013 system either.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. It's not an IT managed system. The checkbox survives a reboot and may remain checked for a random period of time, then becomes unchecked. I have tried unsuccessfully to identify an event that causes this. From my perspective it's totally random but there must be a trigger I haven't found. I think my solution is Office 2016 but I'm not quite ready to upgrade. I appreciate your help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you run any third party system cleaning tools?

Joe