Banned Member
    Thanks

Exclamation No need to wait until Spring for Windows 10 Fall Update.

The Windows 10 Fall Update started being pushed out a few days ago. One is, certainly, welcome to wait for it to show up for them OR one can get it now. To do so download the current Media Creation Tool (NOT one you have saved from earlier!). Run it selecting Update this PC now and leave the default checkmarks to Keep everything.

I did mine in less than an hour using the MCT. It is very nice to (now) have things that were, previously, only in the recent Insider Builds.

Scroll down to the Download Tool Now button

You can find it HERE

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Don't forget the update will download about 3GB of files - hope you have unlimited data.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    The Windows 10 Fall Update started being pushed out a few days ago. One is, certainly, welcome to wait for it to show up for them OR one can get it now. To do so download the current Media Creation Tool (NOT one you have saved from earlier!). Run it selecting Update this PC now and leave the default checkmarks to Keep everything.

I did mine in less than an hour using the MCT. It is very nice to (now) have things that were, previously, only in the recent Insider Builds.

Scroll down to the Download Tool Now button

You can find it HERE
    Drew you shoud have made note of the warnings about running it on a W10 machine that is still eligible for retreat to a previous version. Even if you can not imagine ANYONE wanting to do such a thing.

Important

To upgrade for free, select the Upgrade now option at the top of this page.
    We recommend using the media creation tool on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. If you run this tool on a PC running Windows 10, it can overwrite temporary files that are needed if you ever want to go back to your previous operating system.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Yes, I used the media creation tool and then had to wait for a 2.8Gb update to download! I then found that Office 2013 Professional had to be re-activated; in addition Outlook 2013 "re-installed" itself before I could use it and lost my iCloud connection in the process. Quite a hassle to get this set up again. (I am NOT a happy chappie!!)
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Just realized some thing humorous (at least to me). The title for this thread when viewed on my New Posts page is:
    No need to wait until Spring for Windows 10 Fall
    I am sure this is not what the OP intended!

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.