New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Unable to access secure websites after Win 10 upgrade

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. After upgrade, Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera were all unable to access secure websites such as Facebook and all banking websites. The only browser unaffected was Firefox. I reverted back to Win 7 and the problem persisted. I have since gone back to Win 10 but the problem continues. Here are the error messages I get when I attempt to access the Chase (www.chase.com) banking website:

EDGE

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
    The security certificate for this site doesn’t match the site’s web address and may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

CHROME

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.chase.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
    NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

INTERNET EXPLORER

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

************************************************** **************************

Some time ago, I posted this problem to a Microsoft bulletin board but was rewarded with a boiler plate response about web certificates. Logic dictates this is a registry problem since all these browsers are being affected in the same manner. Does anyone have some words of wisdom? Thanks

Thanks
    Since all of the errors are related to your banking site, it's possible that you have a malware/key logger problem. Especially with the Chrome description.
    Have you tried going to the Chase main page to see what happens? It could also be a Chase.com problem with security Certs.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Which antivirus program are you using?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is your clock showing the correct date and time, as that can knock security certificates all to hell.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-11-21 at 12:57.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    @ Sudo15, yes my clock is correct and the system is showing the correct time and date.

@lumpy95, I used Chase bank only as an example of a website giving me the error. The reality is, all websites requiring secure logins such as Facebook, Wells Fargo Bank, Citibank, Smith Barney, etc are giving me the same errors on all the aforementioned browsers. At the same time Firefox continues to function flawlessly.

@ BruceR, I am using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015.

After I upgraded this machine to Win 10, I then upgraded my Lenovo Yoga 13 from Win 8.1 to Win 10 without any problems. The Yoga is also using the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 software.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The same issue appears to have been solved in this thread by changing a Bitdefender setting:

Thank you very much It was the thing of my antivirus indeed! For all those who experience the same issue and use BitDefender - Go to Protection-Web Protection and then Turn OFF scanning of SSL this helped in my case!
    SSL problems after upgrading on Edge, Explorer, Opera (however Firefox works just fine)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    @BruceR - It works !! Thank you very much. Curiously though, I just checked the Lenovo Yoga 13 that I upgraded to Win 10. The "Scan SSL" option is enabled, yet I do not have any of the problems I had on my destop unit. Any thoughts?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Strange. I don't know any more about the issue, but there's some more information here: Why does Bitdefender’s SSL scanning appear to break secure sites & software?