Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Error 2032 when trying to watch ESPN3

This afternoon, I tried to watch a basketball game on ESPN3 (via Firefox and IE 11) using my Dell Latitude 6410 laptop (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit) and was unable to do so. A small window popped up stating "Error #2032". I tried again using my wife's HP 8440p laptop (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit) and got the same result. Next I tried using an HP Mini netbook (Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit) with the same result. Finally, I went to my HP Pavilion Elite (Intel i7) desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) and was able to watch the game without a problem (except the fact that the Tar Heels lost the game). Afterward I did a search for error 2032 and found that it has been a problem suffered by many people for years, but I found no solution. I'll be grateful for help in solving this problem.

Steve

jwoods
    Error 2032 is a Flash Player error code.

According to this link on Google Developers, it is an error created by the content provider...

https://developers.google.com/intera...des?hl=en#2032

Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods,

I appreciate your prompt attention to my problem. Unfortunately, at my level of pertinent knowledge and experience, the page at which I arrived via the link you provided contains information that, as far as I can tell, might be a condensed Klingon translation of Mark Twain's story about Huckleberry Finn. I guess, if there's anything I can do to solve the problem, I need some step-by-step guidance that dodges computerspeak to the extent it's possible.

Steve

jwoods
    It was the way ESPN3 (the content provider) set up the web page for the game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

snalmond (2015-11-23)

Thanks
    Did you have any ad blockers or script blockers on? My interpretation would be if you are not watching ad you can take a hike!
    Are the DNS servers the same on all computers?

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wavy For This Useful Post:

snalmond (2015-11-23)

Thanks
    Check the version of Flash which is installed on each machine. Perhaps you have an incompatible version of Flash installed on the machines which got the error.

If the version installed on the "good" machine is different than the version installed on each of the "bad" machines, then install the "good" version onto each of the "bad" machines.

However, if any of the "bad" machines have the same version of Flash as that which is installed on the "good" machine, then it's unlikely to be the version of Flash which is causing the problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

snalmond (2015-11-23)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I spent more than 6 hours on the phone today with a couple ATT technicians trying to solve the problem. They suggested 1) delete browser (Firefox) history, 2) clear cache, 3) install current Adobe flashplayer (even though I already had the current version installed), 4) install previous version of flashplayer, 5) use Win 7 disc to reinstall the registry (I didn't do that).

Nothing I tried solved the problem. After concluding those conversations with ATT techs, I downloaded the SlimJet browser (portable) and, using it, was successful in being able to view sports events on ESPN3. On the chance that the ATT tech had made some change on their end after our conversation, I tried both Firefox and IE 11 again and neither worked for viewing ESPN3.

To those... and there are many... more knowledgeable than me on this topic, the effectiveness of SlimJet when Firefox and IE failed likely means something regarding a possible diagnosis. If so and there are other suggestions, I'll be glad to continue trying to make Firefox work. Otherwise, I'll just use SlimJet to view ESPN3. I appreciate the help offered by jwoods, wavy and mrjimphelps.

Steve

11. The Following User Says Thank You to snalmond For This Useful Post:

rdk77 (2015-11-29)

Thanks
    You are welcome sorry you did not find the problems source, very frustrating, I know.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by snalmond View Post
    To those... and there are many... more knowledgeable than me on this topic, the effectiveness of SlimJet when Firefox and IE failed likely means something regarding a possible diagnosis.
    Steve
    I think SlimJet uses or did use Pepper Flash at one time, which is maintained by Google.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snalmond View Post
    I spent more than 6 hours on the phone today with a couple ATT technicians trying to solve the problem. They suggested 1) delete browser (Firefox) history, 2) clear cache, 3) install current Adobe flashplayer (even though I already had the current version installed), 4) install previous version of flashplayer, 5) use Win 7 disc to reinstall the registry (I didn't do that).

Nothing I tried solved the problem. After concluding those conversations with ATT techs, I downloaded the SlimJet browser (portable) and, using it, was successful in being able to view sports events on ESPN3. On the chance that the ATT tech had made some change on their end after our conversation, I tried both Firefox and IE 11 again and neither worked for viewing ESPN3.

To those... and there are many... more knowledgeable than me on this topic, the effectiveness of SlimJet when Firefox and IE failed likely means something regarding a possible diagnosis. If so and there are other suggestions, I'll be glad to continue trying to make Firefox work. Otherwise, I'll just use SlimJet to view ESPN3. I appreciate the help offered by jwoods, wavy and mrjimphelps.

Steve
    I think you've found your answer - SlimJet.

Thanks for letting us know what made it work.

Thanks
    Try disabling all Firefox add ons except Flash.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Curiosity got me so I tried watching ESPN on all my PC's at home, 1 worked without a hitch and the other two failed.
    I only use FF on all my PC's. The working PC showed FF v42.0 and when I tested all the plugins everything was up to date. On the PC's that failed FF was outdated and so was the Adobe Flash plugin, and Java. ESPN uses Flash to play content. Even with Java out of date ESPN played correctly by simply updating Flash.

To check your FF version and plugins first make sure your Menu bar is displayed. Keeping with the trend of annoyingly hiding everything, to unhide the useful Menu bar: Right click on a blank space left of the minimize button on FF at the top of the browser, then click on the Menu Bar from the drop down list.

To check your plug-ins and FF version with the Menu Bar now displayed click on: Tools, then Add-ons. A new tab opens. On the left side of the display click on Plugins, to the right of that click on the blue text "Check to see if your plugins are up to date". If your FF or plugins are out of date a "Update your Firefox" and/or any plugins that are out of date will show "Update now button" click on it to download those updates. For plugins you will have to go to the download arrow that points down just below the minimize button to install them manually. Once you install them close your FF and restart it otherwise the updated version of the plugins will not be detected.

Another way to test your Adobe flash is to go to: helpx.adobe.com
    Once there under Adobe Reader you will find the Flash Player heading. Click on the "Flash Player help" link:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help...sh-player.html
    When the new window opens click on the "Check Now" button. If you are up to date a green check mark appears. If you fail then go to step 2 and download the latest flash player from the link shown. When you get it uncheck all the special offers otherwise your PC gets some extra crap ware bonus. That's it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to enduser9999 For This Useful Post:

audiogram (2015-11-27)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up FF Menu Bar

Quote Originally Posted by enduser9999 View Post
    ...To check your FF version and plugins first make sure your Menu bar is displayed. Keeping with the trend of annoyingly hiding everything, to unhide the useful Menu bar: Right click on a blank space left of the minimize button on FF at the top of the browser, then click on the Menu Bar from the drop down list....
    This may be off topic because I am not much into watching sports; however, I felt I had to thank enduser9999 for the menu tip! I have been a bit frustrated with the newer versions of FF and had no idea that a simple right click would get my menu bar back. Thanks again!

Robin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by audiogram View Post
    This may be off topic because I am not much into watching sports; however, I felt I had to thank enduser9999 for the menu tip! I have been a bit frustrated with the newer versions of FF and had no idea that a simple right click would get my menu bar back. Thanks again!

Robin
    It's good to thank people who've helped us - and the Lounge has a button to do this - bottom left of each post. Clicking this on #12 (enduser's post with the tip) will add 1 to his 'Thanked x times in y posts' under his name on the left. You can also add a reply amplifying it (just as you have).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

audiogram (2015-11-27)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A quick way to reveal a hidden menu bar in FF or IE is to merely tap the Alt key. The tip above displays it permanently.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk8er63 For This Useful Post:

audiogram (2015-11-27)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast