New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Number Lock doesn't work

Numbers Lock in Win 10. Got a brand new HP laptop up and running in Win10. The numbers lock, which I use extensively does not work at all. My Toshiba laptop has same problem (used to work, can't remember if before or after upgrade from Win8)

Have blogged extensively, nothing works including a registry change in H Users - keyboard layout.

Help welcomed please from my knowledgeable friends, this is driving me crazy.

Thanks
    With my Dell laptop I have to go into the UEFI/BIOS and actually activate NumLock (default is OFF) before the toggle works using the FN+F2 keys. Is yours the same?

Hope this helps...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Win 7 desktop that was upgraded to Win 10. The NumLock did not turn on my default when starting up the Win 10 computer. The button still worked, it just wasn't on by default. i tried the registery fix and also made sure the BIOS was set correctly. The fix I found was to turn OFF the "Fastboot" feature of Win 10. That setting is found in the advanced power settings.

Thanks
    I had to initially turn NUMLOCK on in the BIOS before I can use it on my HP ProBook, which Rick mentioned in reference to his DELL.

jwoods
    Don't know if you've tried this suggestion from HP (pertains to the HP Envy notebooks)...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02765720

It works on my Toshiba laptop as well.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-11-27 at 16:28.