Thread: Sound Problems

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sound Problems

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope you don't get as stuffed as the turkey did!

I've installed Windows 10 Home and Pro on my desktop, my wife's laptop, my tablet, and my cheapo laptop. My desktop is the only one where I've had problems. the first one has been solved. Now I've run across another. So far I have uninstalled the driver for the sound and reinstalled. I let Windows do it the first time, then I went to the manufacturer and downloaded and installed the one for 10. Here is the problem. I have sound, but I have to go into the menu to change it from the speaker bar to the ear plugs. Before if I was listening to stuff on the speaker bar, if the wife wanted me to turn it down, I could plug the ear buds in and listen. Unplug the ear buds and it was back on speaker. Now, I have to go to the menu and change it from one to the other. I get a message telling me there is a problem and do I want to delete that specific one from the list. I've answered "no" each time and define which one I want to use. Any suggestions on fixing this the way it used to be?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Seems that the W10 driver doesn't work properly. You may have to wait for the manufacturer to update it, or MS to fix something, either is possible given W10s foibles.

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Found my problem. I was downloading the wrong driver, Realtek rather than VIA. Everything is working as it should now. Thanks.