New Lounger
    Thanks

Hardware or Software issue with Win 10/intel and Widi/Miracast

To simplify, Miracast worked with Windows 8/8.1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Miracast does not work any more. Is it Windows 10's fault for not allowing or upgrading the software to accommodate the feature or is it Intel who says they have upgraded the software but still refuses to work on what they say is required hardware. The discussion seems to get interesting at the Intel forums. Most of those folks are complaining of older hardware not being included in Intel's patch. What about those who have the required hardware and the patch still doesn't work. That was one of the reasons I spent so much on my last machine. Now I can't use it. Thousands of machines that featured Miracast, WIDI on Intel processors are out of luck. Is that any way to run a crab house???

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Not the answer you want, but...
    As W10 is still a work in progress and drivers are being updated, it may be easier to revert to W8 until you are sure the software / hardware you require works with W10.

cheers, Paul

jwoods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

baggage1 (2015-11-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as reverting back to 8.1 I'm pretty well past the 30day grace period.
    I can wait for the update if it comes. I will take jwoods advice and get things going with his suggestion. Appreciate the responses