Thanks

Foxit Reader no longer installs Foxit Cloud PUP

For ages I've been used to installing updates to Foxit Reader then having to delete the PUP installation of Foxit Cloud that piggy-backed with no warning onto both the update and the original installer () - so much so that I wrote a script to remove Foxit Cloud automatically.

I'm not sure at what version this behaviour changed but the current installer for Foxit Reader (and the subsequent updater) no longer installs (or re-installs) Foxit Cloud. Yay!

Hope this helps...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

Trev (2015-11-29)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I use and like Foxit, the getting rid of Foxit Cloud is a nuisance no longer, hopefully.

Thanks
    My favorite one is foxit. But i never go to cloud

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be because it's been a while since I installed Foxit Reader or updated for that matter, but I never saw cloud.

Foxit has always been one of those programs that bugged me with it's tendency to install stuff I didn't ask for or want. I understand that it's free and I must therefore indulge it to some degree, but I could never quite understand why it seemed unusually eager to give me more free stuff than I wanted. Sometimes less is more.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm
    It may be because it's been a while since I installed Foxit Reader or updated for that matter, but I never saw cloud.

Foxit has always been one of those programs that bugged me with it's tendency to install stuff I didn't ask for or want. I understand that it's free and I must therefore indulge it to some degree, but I could never quite understand why it seemed unusually eager to give me more free stuff than I wanted. Sometimes less is more.
    Foxit Reader hasn't included bundled 3rd-party apps ('bloatware') since version 6... but version 7 did include Foxit Cloud until recently.

Thanks
    If all you need to do is read pdf files, I highly recommend Sumatra PDF Reader.

http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/free-pdf-reader.html
    Hawk

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Or how's about Tracker Software's free PDF-XChange Viewer that now is part of their PDF Editor?

During install you get asked for a registration code or you choose the "Free version" radio button and voila, PDF reading at it's finest, free and never had any PuP or cloud junk as a blind passengers.

You find it in 6 installer versions incl. portable plus localization tool and a manual here.
    Eike J Heinze
    What I am about
    SE Wisconsin

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried a lot of free PDF readers and I have 2 installed: Nitro Reader for regular use because it can--usually--extract content which I can then paste into LibreOffice Writer and rearrange. I need that because I have a very difficult time dealing with multiple columns. I also have Sumatra PDF because it can handle ePub books, which Nitro can't.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It looks like the latest Foxit Reader, 7.3.0.118, now integrates Foxit Cloud into the main program.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bundaburra For This Useful Post:

Trev (2016-01-21)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundaburra View Post
    It looks like the latest Foxit Reader, 7.3.0.118, now integrates Foxit Cloud into the main program.
    Thanks for the heads up! You can disable the Cloud tab via the Cloud settings. In the meantime I shall investigate Nitro and Sumatra.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundaburra View Post
    I found no cloud related issues when upgrading to the latest version...it was still disabled from previously.