New Lounger
    Thanks

Totally unable to upgrade to Windows 10

I have now wasted many, many hours trying different solutions found on the internet to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. I have tried everything I could find on the web and even the Media Creation Tool won't work (even on my desktop). From what I understand Microsoft is not particularly interested in helping. Do I just have to forget any upgrade or buy a new PC? I have a desktop running Windows 7 (which won't create the USB key using the MC Tool) and a laptop I am trying to upgrade (Media Creation Tool will not even run on this one). I do have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 so I can at least see what it is like. I quite like it and would like to use it on my other machines.

Where do I go now? Not sure where to turn.

David

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    What error messages do you get?

Please supply more details about the hardware on each system.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davbla View Post
    I have now wasted many, many hours trying different solutions found on the internet to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. I have tried everything I could find on the web and even the Media Creation Tool won't work (even on my desktop). From what I understand Microsoft is not particularly interested in helping. Do I just have to forget any upgrade or buy a new PC? I have a desktop running Windows 7 (which won't create the USB key using the MC Tool) and a laptop I am trying to upgrade (Media Creation Tool will not even run on this one). I do have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 so I can at least see what it is like. I quite like it and would like to use it on my other machines.

Where do I go now? Not sure where to turn.

David
    Try upgrading from "Hidden Admin Account", it worked for me after countless hours of trying.
    Good luck with that.Pete.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My laptop is a Toshiba T130 running Windows 7 Home Premium and fully patched. The error message is 80070005 and I have tried everything including using the Hidden Admin Account. I am using Outpost firewall and Vipre anti-virus but have also tried with these de-activated. Media Creation Tool will not run at all on the T130 and when I tried to make a USB for booting on my desktop PC (Dell running Windows 7 Pro) it fails, also with a 80070005. David

jwoods
    Try going through the steps in post #8 in this TenForums article...

http://www.tenforums.com/installatio...0070005-a.html

If that does not work, I would recommend downloading and running the Windows Repair tool at Tweaking.com.

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Note: It is not the big green button at the top.

You will see Download buttons for Direct Download and Mirror @ MajorGeeks.com
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-12-02 at 02:21.

Thanks
    I use Windows Repair Tool on every machine before I even attempt an upgrade to Windows 10. Be sure you run it in safe mode.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wonderful. How could we live without you all in the Lounge! After cleaning up with Tweaking Windows Repair Tool and using reset.bat it worked perfectly.

David

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Great!!! Glad you got it resolved.

Joe