2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yahoo mailing list issue

On a Windows 7 computer with AT&T Universal as the ISP (some modifications to IE) I have a mailing list with 33 addresses in Yahoo Mail. When I put one address in the TO box and load the mailing list in the BCC box only 19 of the names are visible. I have tried other mailing lists and all the names load. I have tied Firefox and both the Enhanced and Basic modes of Yahoo Mail. When I view the list in the CONTACTS all 33 names and addresses are listed regardless of which browser or mode. Thanks for any suggestions.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulh7436 View Post
    On a Windows 7 computer with AT&T Universal as the ISP (some modifications to IE) I have a mailing list with 33 addresses in Yahoo Mail. When I put one address in the TO box and load the mailing list in the BCC box only 19 of the names are visible. I have tried other mailing lists and all the names load. I have tied Firefox and both the Enhanced and Basic modes of Yahoo Mail. When I view the list in the CONTACTS all 33 names and addresses are listed regardless of which browser or mode. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Is it possible that Yahoo is limiting how many recipients can be sent to at the same time in an effort to limit SPAM?

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Is it possible that Yahoo is limiting how many recipients can be sent to at the same time in an effort to limit SPAM?
    Very likely...

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3383.html

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have seem various pages that mention a limit of 50 per mailing and a limit of 500 per day. I have never had any issues with sending SPAM and these are all people well known to me that I have emailed individually before. I have other mailing lists that are larger and work fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    It is most likely that Yahoo will refuse to cooperate if you try to send a message to too many recipients at any one time.

During the past two years-or-so I have seen this same problem w/ many customers.

Most ISPs' mailservers will (rightly) reject emails sent from an individual client to more than about ten recipients at any one time; I happen to agree with that policy. We don't need SPAM.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    It is most likely that Yahoo will refuse to cooperate if you try to send a message to too many recipients at any one time.

During the past two years-or-so I have seen this same problem w/ many customers.

Most ISPs' mailservers will (rightly) reject emails sent from an individual client to more than about ten recipients at any one time; I happen to agree with that policy. We don't need SPAM.
    About every 6 weeks I send out an 'update' on my pancreatic cancer treatment to 49 people. I have them set up in 4 groups of up to 15 per group. Never had a problem.

Thanks
    I use Yahoogroups and it works well. Maybe the people on your list would be willing to switch? Once it's set up it's easy to operate.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In the past I would have also recommended using YahooGroups. But they have changed the method of adding new members. I have switched to GoogleGroups which allows for direct adds of new members. And new members still have the same OPT-OUT options.

Thanks
    Given that Yahoo is considering selling all of its internet business (and many workers are abandoning ship), it would seem prudent for everyone still using Yahoo! to proactively switch to some other service.