New Lounger
    Thanks

Unexpected Application Shutdown (Office 2000)

This past week I have experienced the unpleasant reality that within two seconds after I open any Office 2000 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), the application shuts down without warning.

I've found that when this happened with Word the first time, I reopened it again immediately, and the blank document was named "Document2.doc", which means that either the application didn't shut down and just disappeared from the tasklist/bar or that the actual blank document created still has the .tmp file still open.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the entire Office suite to no avail- the problem still exists. Any suggestions on what it might be?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected Application Shutdown (Office 2000)

Have you just installed sr1/sr1a. If you have check Q236592 or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224432>Q224432</A>

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected Application Shutdown (Office 2000)

Thanks, Tony.

I did install SR-1a, but the problem still exists. After checking out the KB article on unexpected closing due to product ID number, I've verified that the product ID number is not the problem, and the applications are still closing unexpectedly. I'm running Office 2000SR-1a on Windows 98, so the Q236592 article doesn't apply either.

Any other suggestions?