5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text support: Good books for mastering Win10

DIGITAL LEARNING

Text support: Good books for mastering Win10

By Michael Lasky

When Microsoft releases a new version of Windows, a slew of third-party self-help manuals soon follows.
    The launch of Windows 10 is no exception; Amazon lists over a hundred guides on working with the new OS. We've narrowed the list down to two we recommend — and one we can't.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/digital-learning/text-support-good-books-for-mastering-win10/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2015-12-02 at 15:25.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Michael:
    Kudos for your review of the three Windows 10 books. "Very useful" would be an understatement.
    If possible, I'd also like your views of two others - Windows 10 Inside Out and Windows 10 In Depth.

Thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing to do with the books themselves, but I chuckled when I read the comments about Settings vs. Control Panel. Yes, MS scrambled up the controls again, making it harder to find what you need. But THIS TIME it's just right, they say (like the other times). Until they scramble it up next time.

jwoods
    Paul Thurrott has an e-book out as well...

https://leanpub.com/windows10fieldguide

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Patrick_Butler (2015-12-11)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just purchased the Thurrott book and downloaded the pdf version. It looks like a winner and I also very much appreciate not having headers, footers, and side tabs so I can trim off all useless white space from the content in one action.

jwoods
    The nice thing about the Thurrott book is that it will be continuosly updated.