Thread: Win 10 Build

New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 Build

I did not recieve the Nov update so I used the MCT to reinstal Win 10. I assumed that it went well as my update history has been reset.
    I ran winver and got the build info win 10 Home build 10240. This ver build appears to be different than those mentioned in Win Secrets.
    I am in Canada and my question is .Are MS upgrades global or do they differ from Country to Country?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Fellow Canuck, greets.

I got W-10 ver 1511, 10586.14 via the Windows update route. Your 10240 is eons behind the times in binary periods. Look around the MS site to get the MCT latest version. My many machines are all running 10586.14 nicely.

As I was typing at you, I got another update and I am now on 10586.17. I have no other protection running here but Defender. Remember that the best protection is the interface between the chair and the keyboard and nothing is required but Defender for "normal" operation. The best part of it is that it is free. You might also look at Malware. Google for it. Too many protections can keep you out of the loop.

All best wishes. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-12-03 at 10:24.

Thanks
    Microsoft temporarily pulled Build 10586 from the MCT and has since restored it. You must have got caught in the window with the old build.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Fellow Canuck, greets.

I got W-10 ver 1511, 10586.14 via the Windows update route. Your 10240 is eons behind the times in binary periods. Look around the MS site to get the MCT latest version. My many machines are all running 10586.14 nicely.

As I was typing at you, I got another update and I am now on 10586.17. I have no other protection running here but Defender. Remember that the best protection is the interface between the chair and the keyboard and nothing is required but Defender for "normal" operation. The best part of it is that it is free. You might also look at Malware. Google for it. Too many protections can keep you out of the loop.

All best wishes. Jean.
    Thank you for the suggestion. It worked just fine. I was not aware that MCT was build specific. all seems OK

Thanks
    Glad to hear it.

Jerry