3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pinnacle no longer comes up in Win 10 after upgrade from Win 7

Yesterday I upgraded my second of three pcs from Win 7 to Win 10. One of my main applications on this pc was video editing with Pinnacle 16. The application does not start and I receive a message suggesting reinstallation of Pinnacle.

Am I likely to succeed with this reinstallation? If not, is there a way I can run this as a Win 7-compatible application within Win 10?

Note: I just installed Pinnacle 19 on another Win 7 pc, which I will upgrade to Win 10 next year. Am I likely to have to reinstall here also? [This was a VERY long installation of Pinnacle 19 Ultimate.]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    The Pinnacle web site specifically mentions Windows 10 as one of the OSes for Pinnacle 19. The earliest version which Corel says is compatible with Windows 10 is Pinnacle 18.5 See Corel and Windows 10. You may have to upgrade.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought there was a way to run some applications in Win 7 mode.

I found other incompatible software, but right-clicking on the desk-top icon and having it check compatibility, Win 10 was always able to make adjustments so that the software worked again - great feature. For Pinnacle, this did not work

I guess I'm out of luck then. This pc - which has been running Pinnacle 16 well - has an i3 processor. For Pinnacle 19 Ultimate, the recommendation is that it be loaded on a pc with at least an i5 and preferably an i7 processor. So an upgrade may not work adequately. And Corel is stingy in that it only allows me to install Pinnacle 19 on one pc per license anyway - even though I can only use one at a time. Thus getting the existing Pinnacle 16 working on that pc, perhaps in a Win 7 emulation mode, would be the only solution.
    Thanks for checking.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by globalist View Post
    I thought there was a way to run some applications in Win 7 mode.

I found other incompatible software, but right-clicking on the desk-top icon and having it check compatibility, Win 10 was always able to make adjustments so that the software worked again - great feature. For Pinnacle, this did not work

I guess I'm out of luck then. This pc - which has been running Pinnacle 16 well - has an i3 processor. For Pinnacle 19 Ultimate, the recommendation is that it be loaded on a pc with at least an i5 and preferably an i7 processor. So an upgrade may not work adequately. And Corel is stingy in that it only allows me to install Pinnacle 19 on one pc per license anyway - even though I can only use one at a time. Thus getting the existing Pinnacle 16 working on that pc, perhaps in a Win 7 emulation mode, would be the only solution.
    Thanks for checking.
    You could revert to Windows 7 and keep the license for Pinnacle 16 active. I guess the question is what matters to you the most - having the current Windows version or having that PC running Pinnacle.
    Rui
    -------
    R4