3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Increasing viewing size in Outlook 2013 running on Win10

A year or so ago (maybe a bit less) I finally upgraded to Outlook 2013, and more recently have done likewise with Windows 10 Home. That said, now my 73 year old eyes are straining through my expensive glasses to read mail when it comes in. My monitor display is set for the highest resolution on my wide view monitor, which gives me good clear sharp views of everything, but with Outlook alone, the font in my inbox really makes me squint to at least read the sender and subject line in my inbox.

That said, with all of the wonderful features in Outlook 2013, surely there must be some means of increasing either the font by a few notches or else the overall view by 25% or so. It would really help at least for the inbox view, but it would help even more for Outlook in general since this is the only app where I seem to have this problem and it is by far the one that I use the most.

Is there any solution to my problem? I've looked everywhere I can think of, and have even bought a couple of "how to" books but all to no avail. PLEASE HELP this old man with aging eyes if you can.

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you are talking about the preview pane use the slider in the lower right corner. If you are talking about the email list change the font size on the view settings.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP517, I'm not talking about the just the viewing pane, I mean the default viewing font or size size of Outlook or at least the inbox. I tried the slider at the lower right corner, and that does help briefly with the viewing pane, but does not remain set. Thank you for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you are talking about the preview pane use the slider in the lower right corner. If you are talking about the email list change the font size on the view settings.

Joe

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP517, The only operating systems mentioned in this are Windows XP, 7, 8, and 8.1, but NOT 10. Does it include Windows 10 as well? I see no mention of it, if it does. I have just found a copy of one offering step-by-step directions that mention Windows 10, so I am going to give it a try after I have a chance to study it a bit more. Thank you for the reply.

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks
    It should include Windows 10. The directions for Win 8.1 should most closely match Win10.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP517, I have it now, from the source mentioned above. Thanks for the reply.
    It should include Windows 10. The directions for Win 8.1 should most closely match Win10.

Joe

David E. Cann