New Lounger
    Thanks

Question 4 GBs of ram in use by service host: local system

Untitled2.png
    This image is what I'm seeing in task manager; fortunately I have a monster PC, but occasionally this set of programs also seems to top out my CPU and my disk r/w. Here are my system specs:
    I7 processor 4.5 GHz CPU, 3.7 GHz when all 4 cores are operating, base clock speed before overclock: 2.9 GHz
    32GB ram
    1 TB HHD
    64-bit
    It shouldn't constantly be topping out and lagging from just 1080p video. I would love too know what's actually responsible for this usage as I've discovered dell tech support is useless and MS just keeps telling me to do virus scans. If you need any more information, just ask, I'll be more than happy to provide any relevant information. Please help me fix this excessive usage. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by The Villain In Glasses; 2015-12-06 at 14:20. Reason: Spelling & Grammer errors

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I'd use Process Explorer to view memory and CPU use, it's more detailed than the Task manager view.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...sexplorer.aspx

cheers, Paul

p.s. There is no "t" in GHz

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I still can't seem to actually find what accounts for that usage. I am currently running at 11 GB of RAM in use with only a handfull of programs open. When I close them all it drops to about 6 GB, but that seems very excessive to just run the desktop and my antivirus. Maybe you will understand it better, here are some screenshots:
    Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

p.s. sorry about the GHz, it was late and copy/paste failed me, lol. Guess my English skills are why I'm an enganear...engeneer...enginere... I'm good with numbers, lol.
    Last edited by The Villain In Glasses; 2015-12-06 at 14:18.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do you still get the high usage in a clean boot ?

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain In Glasses View Post
    I still can't seem to actually find what accounts for that usage.
    In Process Explorer, right-click on the process, select Properties, and open the Threads tab.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After I do a full shutdown and reboot, I start up with 5 GB used in RAM and it creeps up to ~6 where it pretty much stay's until I open another program.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ok, will give it a go tommorrow, it's getting late here, 1:30 Am, hopefully I'll be able to Identify it.