New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 fails all attempts to connect to Hotmail after 12/1/15

on 11/13 I got this message:
    These instructions do not work. I have two different PC both configured the same (Windows 7, office 2003).

Setting it up as a POP3 account I have got everything to work but LOG ONTO INCOMING MAIL SERVER as it say it does not accept my user name or password (which work fine if I log into the webmail). I have also tried using outlook connector for setting up a MAPI account for acess and it fails as well. I have played with ports and SSL setings but nothing seems to fix this issue.

Email setup for POP3 is as follows:
    pop3.live.com
    smtp.live.com
    My out going server requres athentication is checked
    Incoming port 995 with SSL checked
    Outgoing port 587 with SSL checked

Is there a trick to fix this issue?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you followed the MS advice?
    Outlook Connector.
    POP/IMAP

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I have followed MS advice. I have been on a lot of blogs looking for the answer and nothing works as I said above. There has to be a secret step that I am missing. It rejects my login even though it works fine on the web based email access.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you entered your user name in the form user@live.com?
    Have you tried the Outlook POP - pop-mail.outlook.com?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    for the user name I have been using name@hotmail.com which is what I use to login to web mail. tried name@live.com and it did not work.

I have tried the pop-mail.outlook.com and also pop3.live.com both with the same results. It says it is rejected my login Credentials. I do not know what what is wrong with my login as my login works on the webmail. This same thing is happening on my fathers msn email. Same error. We both run outlook 2003.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003

You just have to accept that outlook 2003 is old, and there is no support from MS, and if there appears to be support on MS websites they are not going to correct it when they are notified that their advice doesn't work.

After nearly ten years with Outlook 2003 I have moved on to Mailbird and EmailTray, both much easier to set up accounts, but not as good visually as Outlook 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by kelfamjk View Post
    on 11/13 I got this message: [TABLE="class: x_full_width, width: 600, align: center"]

In the next few weeks we’ll be making some updates that will impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those changes will prevent your email from getting delivered to the Outlook desktop application you use. When you notice that you stop receiving messages, simply follow these two steps:

For Outlook 2003 customers:

[TR]
    [TD="class: x_mobpadding"]No code has to be inserted here.

These instructions do not work. I have two different PC both configured the same (Windows 7, office 2003).

Setting it up as a POP3 account I have got everything to work but LOG ONTO INCOMING MAIL SERVER as it say it does not accept my user name or password (which work fine if I log into the webmail). I have also tried using outlook connector for setting up a MAPI account for acess and it fails as well. I have played with ports and SSL setings but nothing seems to fix this issue.

Email setup for POP3 is as follows:
    pop3.live.com
    smtp.live.com
    My out going server requres athentication is checked
    Incoming port 995 with SSL checked
    Outgoing port 587 with SSL checked

Is there a trick to fix this issue?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    create a new user account and try logging in. essentially, after bringing up OutLook, this will create a new .pst file. Should this work without you will have your resolution.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have only found this in one place. MS tells you how to setup the email using POP but they never tell you that you have to log into outlook.com and enable the use of POP email. By default it is disabled. The link below takes you to all that you need to know.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/out...ration-status/