2 Star Lounger

Word 2007 Template and Windows 7 problem

I have Office 2007 installed on three computers: two are Windows 7 (64 bit), and one is Windows XP.

Occasionally I will search for a new template for a New Document. These are almost all listed under 'Microsoft Office Online' in the left hand column.

Today when I tried to select one, I got the message 'to use online templates, please update Office'. (see attached) This problem happened on both my Windows 7 computers.

Just out of curiosity, I fired up my XP, and opened Word 2007 there. It does NOT get the 'update' message, and I can access all the Microsoft Office Online templates just fine! So I was able to solve my problem by downloading what I wanted from my XP and transferring them to my Win 7 computer.

Upon searching further, I found that MS15-081 (KB2596650) was required to fix this problem. But KB2596650 is already installed on both my Windows 7 computers, so at least in my case, that did not do it! I searched around the Microsoft website, but could not find anymore information on this.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hmw; 2015-12-16 at 23:03. Reason: extra '2' in first KB number