Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Member
    Thanks

Not Upward Mobility, It's Upgrade Mobility

Well, as I write this my Lumia 920 is in the process of changing itself from Windows 8.1 Update to Windows 10 Beta.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    My 920 is now Windows 10 . SO much more sophisticated & advanced. Really, VERY nice (& nice looking) & so far so good; all seems well. Once all familiar, will, certainly, like it (better than 8.1Update).
    The Upgrade went just fine; smooth & flawless. All data, settings, etc., all undisturbed & intact.

Quite glad & happy I bit the bullet & made the change. It is lots nicer! A real improvement!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Drew, please, give us a break.

cheers, Paul

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Once again that is all opinion from the cheerleader in charge.

I find Windows 10 mobile to be less reliable, have lost features from Windows 8.1 & apps, sometimes slower than 8.1. I'll stick with it because of the relatively frequent updates as part of the Insider program. It is improving.

Joe

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Once again that is all opinion from the cheerleader in charge.

I find Windows 10 mobile to be less reliable, have lost features from Windows 8.1 & apps, sometimes slower than 8.1. I'll stick with it because of the relatively frequent updates as part of the Insider program. It is improving.

Joe
    JUST went in last night. Initially, seems really nice. Maybe after a couple days the "cheerleader in charge" as you so nicely put it, will, also, have negative things to report.

jwoods

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Trying to ignore the nastiness & unpleasant attitude from some here... here's an update:

Ok, well, have had my phone on Win10 for 2 or 3 days. Cannot give it anything but, a rave review. I had been given some instructions or steps when doing the Upgrade... they were not needed. Was ridiculous how simple & easy the process was. It kept everything, migrated all my data & settings, requiring almost no input from me, at all.

Everything works properly, no snags or glitches. The layout, features, appearance and other functionality are all very likable. Overall just so much nicer than when it was 8.1 Update. Sure, no hesitation to recommend this to anyone running a Windows Phone (model) that will support Win10 Mobile. Also, a cool combo having Win 10 & Win10 Mobile working harmoniously together across different devices.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Ok, well, have had my phone on Win10 for 2 or 3 days.
    Post timings suggest 39 hours, ~1.6 days. Does it not keep accurate time?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Post timings suggest 39 hours, ~1.6 days. Does it not keep accurate time?
    Yes, Thurs. evening to Sat. morning. Certainly, not being 100% precise about the time span is THE caveat on which one should focus. Of course the time kept /shown is/would be accurate.

Thanks
    Gotta be careful about little exaggerations creeping into your 'reviews'.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Gotta be careful about little exaggerations creeping into your 'reviews'.
    Or be careful about making an exaggerated issue over something that takes the spotlight away anything of importance.

Will leave you to discuss what you are raising, by yourself. Don't care to (help) go off-topic.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I would like some specifics about what makes it "so much nicer" since the layout, features, & appearance are similar if not the same as Windows Phone 8.1. What is the "other functionality" which is different from 8.1?

If you have not hit any snags or glitches I can only conclude you have not used the phone much. Do you not notice the lag in loading and displaying the start menu occasionally? Do you not notice that app loading speed is inconsistent? Did you not lose apps during the upgrade? Did you not notice that there is missing functionality in the Microsoft apps compared with 8.1?

BTW, I'm running it on a 1520 not some inexpensive low end phone.

Joe

jwoods
    ...over something that takes the spotlight away anything of importance.
    The problem is if you emphasize everything, you've emphasized nothing.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Y'all will not succeed in goading someone into reacting or responding to y'all in an gentlemanly manner. And doesn't bother since on-line or not, people are good and nice besides a few, so at least more good than bad, thank goodness.

jwoods
    Y'all will not succeed in goading someone into reacting or responding to y'all in an gentlemanly manner. And doesn't bother since on-line or not, people are good and nice besides a few, so at least more good than bad, thank goodness.
    I think people are trying to help you understand that you might get better results if you consider how you deliver your message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast