New Lounger
    Thanks

how to have my tower and android phone synced for MS contacts and calendar?

I have a 64bit “Office 10 home” tower.
    I paid for an Office 365 annual subscription which entitled me to download Outlook 2016.
    I don’t use Outlook for my email (I use Thunderbird instead) but I do use it for my calendar and contacts.
    I have been using 3rd party software to sync between my Office tower and Google for my Android phone. For example: CompanionLink
    Consequently, I have contacts and calendar items duplicated on Google and on Microsoft products and have encountered all sorts of conflicts over the years.
    Recently I have been trying to cut out the 3rd party stuff and the duplication but keep encountering conflicting information on the web… and frustratingly it seems the only way to make it happen is if I use Outlook for my email program too?
    Can anyone please offer me a solution / advice on the best way to proceed (other than to ditch the MS products!)? i.e. how to have my tower and android phone synced for MS contacts and calendar?
    I thank you in anticipation for your help!
    ANZAC
    I'm not "shouting" my name, it's an acronym!

Thanks
    If you use an online email/contacts/calendar solution such as Gmail or Outlook.com, you would see all of your same data no matter which (or who's) device you happened to be using at the moment. No more syncing, no more backups, and wherever you go, there's all your stuff. ;-)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Check out gSyncit. It is not free but not very expensive either. Lots of options on what to sync.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all.
    ANZAC
    I'm not "shouting" my name, it's an acronym!