Star Lounger
    Oro Valley AZ

MS Mouse & Keyboard Center software won't install

I am running Windows 10 latest build with all patches applied. I recently bought a new Microsoft keyboard and I need to install Mouse & Keyboard Center software to use all the additional keys on the keyboard. When I try to install it (having downloaded the latest edition from the Microsoft website), I get a 1603 error. I did some research on this error and have applied all the suggested fixes that can be done on Win10. Some of the suggestions don't seem applicable to Win10. All of the 1603 error code info I found in searching is for Win7 and earlier.

I have run sfc /scannow and there were no corruptions. I have also searched the registry for old keys related to an old installation of Mouse and Keyboard Center but found none. I have also uninstalled the Logitech mouse and keyboard software that supported my old keyboard.

Any ideas as to how to be able to install the MS software?

Had some trouble w/ MS SW recently, how do you have the KB/Mouse connected? I had problems in W7 with a PS/2 KB USB mouse Wireless connection but did manage to get it running.

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

You might check the Windows Event logs to see if there is more information...

In Control Panel, enter event in the top-right search box and click View event logs in the result.

Expand the Custom Views folder and click on Administrative Events.

The Administrative Events contain Warnings, Errors, and Critical events from all event logs.