Thanks

Mail app not working

I decided to give the Mail app a try, installed two accounts, one is Godaddy POP3 account, the other is a hotmail account. At the end of the account setup, both said the account was set up successfully, but neither will receive mail. The Godaddy account says System Error - Can't Get Mail. The hotmail account gives no indication of problem, just will not work.

I set up the Godaddy account using the Advanced Setup, even tried the trick of adding the port number, preceded by a colon, after the server name.

Since neither one is working, I suspect the app is the issue, rather than settings. I am logged in to Win 10 with a local account, could that be the issue?

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See if some of the troubleshooting links in Problems with Windows 10 Mail App or the steps in Problems with Windows 10 mail app help.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think this issue is related to win 10 because I had also met the issue with win 10 as my laptop touch system didn't work as I install win 10. try the app on other windows OS like 8 or 8.1.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info.
    When I went to do the repairs suggested, the Mail app would not even open. I saw the splash screen for a second, then it went away. Reboot did not help. I ran all the suggested fixes from those webpages, the troubleshooter found an issue, did not say what it was, but it did not help.

So I ran sfc/scannow, found nothing.
    Ran DISM and it corrected the new problem, so the app will start now.

But it is still the same, shows the accounts, says System Error by the GoDaddy account, and no indication of problem by the hotmail account, but neither will work.

Thanks
    I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, did not help.

I created another user account, using a MS account login instead of a local account , and now Mail works in that profile.

So it kind of seems like Mail requires a MS account for the Windows login in order to work, on least on this computer.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 2015-12-23 at 23:56.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I am also facing issue with my godaddy email.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by joeripok View Post
    I am also facing issue with my godaddy email.
    Seems that other people are as well.

See the section Having Problems with Accessing Godaddy.com?

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/godaddy.com.html

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You could always revert to Windows 7 instead of staying with the experiment known as Windows 10 ?

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    You could always revert to Windows 7 instead of staying with the experiment known as Windows 10 ?
    A lot of people are past the 30-day rollback window, so hopefully those that are did a disk image before upgrading.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thank you jwoods for the link.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    @jwoods, after roll backing from win 10 to win 8.1, can we re-install win 10 or Microsoft give any notification for installation of win 10.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabeer View Post
    @jwoods, after roll backing from win 10 to win 8.1, can we re-install win 10 or Microsoft give any notification for installation of win 10.
    Yes, you can update again. I would guess that you'll start getting nagged to upgrade.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I open my window updates panel, maybe win 10 updates appear in my case.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi I'm hoping this continues to work for me. I created a image of W7 before up grading to W10. Then I created a image of w10. I used the W7 image to roll back and then used the W10 to roll back up again. It worked and I see no reason that it won't continue to work. I use a 3rd party image program. If you didn't create a back up image of W10, I suggest using the Media Creation Tool and not wait for the nags.
    Anyone have any thoughts about this??
    PS I'm not having any trouble with the mail app. I have Gmail and Yahoo. Not impressed with that that App however. It's alright I guess! I think MS still has a lot of bugs to iron out, but I'm liking W10 so far!
    Thanks!