New Lounger
    Thanks

Installed a new modem/router today & issues with echo ping response...

After I installed the updated modem/router today (still using my router behind it) I went to grc.com to check my ports, they were all stealthed however I failed the ping echo test. I never had this issue before. Initially I was using a Windows 7 fw, then used a private firewall & finally a comodo fw. I did a complete uninstall & reboot before installing each. Here is the exact wording:

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

How do I correct this or is it much ado about nothing?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Gil

jwoods
    I closed it by creating a router firewall deny rule for inbound ICMP Type 8

Thanks
    It's probably the new router that is responding to the pings, have a look at it's manual for the setting.

fwiw it's a setting I always enable to allow remote performance measurement ( http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping )
    Last edited by Browni; 2015-12-16 at 01:57.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Why do you have two routers and double NAT?

cheers, Paul