Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with existing spreadsheet (developed by Zeddy)

Hello! I wanted to do an addendum to the original thread but was unable to attach the necessary file. Zeddy developed this file for me several months ago and it's been working great, except for the yearly reports. Nothing has been recording since September. I'm wondering if it is because when we originally started this, we went by our Fiscal Year, which is the end of September. For this report, however, we are using the calendar year. I don't know near enough about formulas to try and figure this out from the existing information. We will be doing the bonuses for our vendors soon after the first of the year, so it would be great to get this fixed soon. I know the holidays aren't a good time for things like this, but I will await your input. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..I'm back again! Will have a look at this when I catch up with a few things.

zeddy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..the fix was simple (see attached file)
    The reason the results were zero for months Oct, Nov, Dec in the sheet [Year Report] was because the formulas in row 10 for those months i.e. cells [K10], [L10] and [M10] had
    =DATE(yearCell-1,10,1) instead of
    =DATE(yearCell,10,1)
    etc etc etc

zeddy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-12-31)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Again, thanks so much for a great job, overall, and for fixing this latest issue. Going forward, do I just do a "Save As" for 2016, change the dates on the "Calendar" tab and delete 2015 info from the "Delivery Log" tab? Anything I'm missing? Happy New Year to you and yours! You guys are Windows Secrets are the greatest!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..what is your actual start date going to be for Week1 for the year 2016???
    (your Week52 for year 2015 didn't end on 31-Dec-2015)
    For example, does your week1 always start on, say, a Monday??
    Do your weeks always end on say, a Friday???
    ..Or will your week1 simply start on 01-Jan-2016 (regardless of the actual weekday)??

Let me know and I'll set up what you need

zeddy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello!
    Our week for bringing in logs always starts on a Thursday and ends on a Wednesday, so the first week for 2016 actually started 12/31/15. Last year was perfect since the first work week of the year started January 1. Regardless, I saved a copy of the latest file (woodroundup-xl2010-zeddy-v3g.xlsm) as a 2016 file and changed the starting date on the calendar but wasn't sure what else needed to be done. Thanks!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Great job!
    I couldn't remember your week starting on a Thursday!!

By keeping a copy of the year 2015 data, you can make further enhancements to the tool later on, to compare shipments in any given week with the same week for the previous year for each vendor etc etc etc.

zeddy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've attached the file I saved as a new one for 2016. The weekly totals report works fine, but the weekly supplier report isn't behaving so I'm sure it needs some tweaking. Also, the yearly loads and yearly totals aren't showing anything.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning! I sent a reply to your last one to me but haven't heard back. Not sure if it just was missed or if you're away. Regardless, trying again. Thanks!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Yes, I've been away again.
    I looked at the file in your post#8.

[Weekly Supplier Report] sheet
    ..when starting a file for a new year you should manually enter a 1 in cell [H2] on sheet [Weekly Supplier Report] to set the Week clicker to the initial week 1 value.
    Click anywhere inside the white address label to select a current Supplier i.e. any Supplier that has made a delivery on the sheet [Delivery Log].

[Year Report]
    The [Year Report] sheet will show blank values for months that haven't occurred yet, and blanks for Suppliers that have not had any deliveries yet. Check the values shown in column for January for Suppliers that have made deliveries as per the [Delivery Log] sheet.

[Year Loads]
    The [Year Loads] sheet will show zero values for months that haven't occurred yet, and blanks for Suppliers that have not had any deliveries yet.

If you have any questions please ask - glad to be of help.

zeddy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2016-02-02)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Zeddy! This morning it appears the file is working as it should be. I say "this morning" because yesterday afternoon there appeared to be a glitch in the Weekly Supplier Report not picking up the Prior Week Total and the latest entry on a couple of them. Looks like all is well now. I will know Thursday when I process the loads that came in this past week. Thanks again!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..if you get any glitches, let us know here.
    We are glitcher-fixers.

zeddy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2016-02-04)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, I now do have a glitch, and it's that pesky Weekly Supplier Report tab. The other sheets seem to be pulling in the information from the Delivery Log properly. I've attached the file, which should open to the tab in question. If it does, you can see that Ken Smith's sheet is showing I have selected Week 5, which is what I want, but the data that pops up includes Week 4. Also, the Prior Week's Total should be $2,400, and nothing is showing in the Week Total cell. Clicking on the "show historical weeks" box and clicking it off doesn't help. Thanks in advance for your help (again!)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Try this.
    1. Open the file as posted.
    2. Click on the Supplier Address Label, then select any other Supplier from the displayed Supplier list.
    3. Now re-select Ken Smith from the displayed Supplier List.
    4. Click the Supplier Address Label to hide the Supplier list.
    5. Click on the button Week Clicker button to change week number
    6. Click on Week clicker button to show Week 5

I'll look at the file in more detail later to see what's going on.
    It might need a 'kick-start' when the file is opened.

zeddy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2016-02-10)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, that works for each one in Week 5 except for Daryl Oakes Logging. It picks up Week 2 when I click "show historical", but not Week 5. Temperamental......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast