2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Anti-spyware--O&O Shutup 10

Does anyone know of this software or used it? It claims to give the user access to Win10's internals so some of its features may be simply managed by the user. It must operate similarly to GWX.exe, but looks a little less complicated to me. Thanks
    Homebuilt PC--Corsair Graphite 760T (W) Tower; Intel Haswell-E I7 5930K; 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4@2666MHz; ASRock X99 Extreme 6 Mobo; Corsair AX860i Platinum 860W PSU; Corsair H110 Cooler; EVGA GeForce GTX980 AC/SC videocard; Crucial MX 100 512GB SSD; Spinner 3TB WD Black; Asus Blu-Ray; Asus DVD/RW; 3 Bitfenix greens; Coolermaster 240mm; EaseUS Backup; USB3 Toshiba B/up drive; Office 2007;Windows 10 Pro

Thanks
    It looks fine to me but I don't yet have much experience of it. I think it looks much more complicated than GWX but this is because it's doing a completely different job.

GWX Control Panel is to prevent the nags and/or installation of Windows 10 on devices running earlier versions of Windows. By comparison, O&O ShutUp 10 is for use on devices which already have Windows 10 installed and whose users have concerns about privacy and/or security.

There's a lot of options to choose from - 69 of them - which means a lot of scrolling. I would have preferred a tabbed interface to spread the options across the screen more... but that's just my opinion. I do like the amount of information that appears as each option is clicked (although it's a little disappointing to see basic spelling errors).

For example:
    oo-shutup-10.png
    Click to enlarge

I haven't had a lot of time to play with the app yet but it appears to be a very good alternative to a large number of registry edits.

Have a look at Another "all in one" Privacy tool by... to see a similar app.

Hope this helps...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for providing the identity of an alternative to consider.
    Homebuilt PC--Corsair Graphite 760T (W) Tower; Intel Haswell-E I7 5930K; 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4@2666MHz; ASRock X99 Extreme 6 Mobo; Corsair AX860i Platinum 860W PSU; Corsair H110 Cooler; EVGA GeForce GTX980 AC/SC videocard; Crucial MX 100 512GB SSD; Spinner 3TB WD Black; Asus Blu-Ray; Asus DVD/RW; 3 Bitfenix greens; Coolermaster 240mm; EaseUS Backup; USB3 Toshiba B/up drive; Office 2007;Windows 10 Pro

jwoods
    It was mentioned in this thread, along with others...

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...85#post1035285