New Lounger
    Thanks

Send To items went away

I had a great computer until last week when the 1511 build upgrade of Windows 10 installed. Ever since then I continue to experience a number of annoyances. Most of them I have been able to fix; but this latest one I have not found a solution to. When you right click a file, I used to get a fully populated list of choices under the Send To selection. After the upgrade, the only choice is "Bluetooth Device". The SendTo folder is still there under \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo, and all of the items that used to show on the right click are still listed in this folder; but I cannot get that list to show when I right click a file. It is like Windows and File Explorer are no longer pointing to the correct folder. How do I correct this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
    You might try this
    Code:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Script-to-repair-missing-6e07eeb6

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. The link describes a way to get get one of the Send To shortcuts working; but in my case all the shortcuts are in the SendTo folder and they all work. The problem is that Windows and File Explorer doesn't seem to know they are there.

jwoods
    Make sure that they also exist in Users\<Your User Name>\SendTo

You may need to use "Take Ownership" to get access to that folder.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-12-17 at 20:06.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem and I think it came down to a file permissions issue. Someone else also had this issue and said it was after they let windows "repair a problem".
    George

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to "Take Ownership" of all of the Send To folders using the program at the link you provided, and all of the items that should show up when you right click a file were there. It still isn't working, however. Right click on any file still shows nothing in the Send To menu.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra View Post
    I had a similar problem and I think it came down to a file permissions issue. Someone else also had this issue and said it was after they let windows "repair a problem".
    Thanks. How did you fix the file permission issues? I suspected that was the case and I have confirmed that I have Administrator rights everywhere; but the problem is still there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I fixed it! I found the following link which described my problem exactly, and the first suggestion in that thread solved the problem. Deleting the corrupted file from the SendTo folder got everything back to normal. Thanks again for all the replies. Here is the answer I found:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-a0cfaa2884e7

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhoenix For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-12-18)