Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Outlook (Office 365) and connecting to Verizon

I have a client and a friend who have attempted to get Outlook 365 to work with Verizon.net. One of them, I set up myself and I KNOW the set up values were correct. When I tested the set up (from Outlook's configuration dialog boxes), Outlook was able to both send and receive test emails. However, when I went to the Inbox and hit send/receive, Outlook was unable to send or receive! I redid the set up several times, to no avail. At some point in my online research, I found some info that said make sure the profile was correct, so I refreshed it (even thought the settings were correct). THEN Outlook would send and receive! However, I set up 2 more email accounts--correctly--under that particular profile and they wouldn't work the same was as the initial email wouldn't work. I did not have time to go into the profile to check the settings on the 2nd 2 accounts. My friend--also using Outlook O365, wasn't able to make his set up work either.

Any ideas?

thanks,
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I don't have specific advice to offer, but one thing needs saying. Office 365 is not an installable product, it's just the name of a subscription plan. With an Office 365 subscription, you get installation rights to one or more instances of Office. So, in order to establish clearly the version in question, it's necessary that you confirm the office version in use. Is it Office 2013 or Office 2016 (and thus Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016)?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I don't have specific advice to offer, but one thing needs saying. Office 365 is not an installable product, it's just the name of a subscription plan. With an Office 365 subscription, you get installation rights to one or more instances of Office. So, in order to establish clearly the version in question, it's necessary that you confirm the office version in use. Is it Office 2013 or Office 2016 (and thus Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016)?
    I believe it is Outlook 2016, since it came with a computer that was purchased in the last 2 or 3 months.
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Did you let Outlook try to setup the connection automatically?

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you, but I haven't been near the problem machine(s) and I can't even tell you which ones I was referring to...since it's been awhile.
    Henry S. Winokur
    Bethesda, MD