Star Lounger
    Thanks

Java is out of date?

All day I have been getting a reminder that my Java application is out of date, and it's coming from some site called "fugdownload." Could this be legitimate? I don't remember if I even use Java any longer.

I'm running Windows 10.

My browser is the latest version of Chrome. Email is Gmail. My AV is free AVG. I can't think of any other helpful information to provide you wondrously helpful folks. Thanks as usual to all.

Hey, merry Christmas and all that to all of you - or merry whatever you do or do not celebrate or observe this season that is upon us.

Jack Lavelle in Phoenix, AZ
    laeva65@gmail.com

Thanks
    Fugdownload is one of many adware programs well-known for fake popups about a "Java Software Critical Update". Have a look at this gude for instructions about how to remove: Remove “Java Software Critical Update” virus (Removal Guide).

Hope this helps...

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You generally don't need Java these days so it shouldn't be installed. It usually comes as part of a program written in Java.

cheers, Paul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

DeadVAIO (2015-12-21)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ahhh, you guys are great, as always. I'll get to work scrubbing fugdownload out of my system by following the instructions and report back when I have finished.

Thanks. I feel a little smarter after belonging to this group a while because I didn't fall for the immediate con and d/l the update to Java.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may want to disregard the tutorial's step to use Hitman Pro as that is a paid for program.

I would think AdwCleaner and the free version of MBAM would be sufficient but you can also run Junkware Removal Tool to confirm it has gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-removal-tool/