Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Creating "favorite" contacts in Outlook 2013

Like so many others out there I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and about that time I noticed the small handful of "Favorite" contacts I had created in the "People" option in the lower left corner of Outlook 2013 was gone. I completely stumbled on the feature initially, and pretty much likewise found 2 or 3 more in my address book that I contacted a lot, but now the entire list of favorites is empty and I cannot for the life of me find the steps to recreate them in the now empty space for them. The prompts say to "right click on any name" to place the information in your favorites, but NOTHING seems to work now.

Am I somehow missing something now? Can anyone out there give me detailed step-by-step directions for repopulating my "Favorites" display of contacts please? I stumbled on it initially, but since upgrading to Windows 10 they have disappeared and I am unable to recreate them. The empty pop up still works, but it is only a frustrating reminder without the favorite contacts to populate it. PLEASE HELP.

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried a repair of the Office installation?

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, how do I do that? It was a download, and I don't have any CD or DVD copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post

Joe

David E. Cann

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you give me proper directions first so I can check that first? As I said initially, I don't know the step by step directions for doing it, and it would seem to me that would be a good thing to try before doing something as drastic as repairing it. I don't know that it needs a repair yet.

Joe

David E. Cann

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Somehow, I seem to be explaining what I am looking for poorly. In Outlook 2013, I have several hundred contacts in my address book. I am now searching for the step-by-step directions for saving or copying a small number of them that I use a lot to the small "Favorites" menu that pops up in the lower left corner when the curser hovers over the "People" option also in the lower left corner. That is as simply as I can state it, but I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE because I have stumbled on it before but cannot now recreate the steps. Can someone PLEASE give me those steps please, or else tell me where to find them? Noplace I have looked so far seems to be of much help. PLEASE HELP.

David E. Cann

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by decann View Post
    Somehow, I seem to be explaining what I am looking for poorly. In Outlook 2013, I have several hundred contacts in my address book. I am now searching for the step-by-step directions for saving or copying a small number of them that I use a lot to the small "Favorites" menu that pops up in the lower left corner when the curser hovers over the "People" option also in the lower left corner. That is as simply as I can state it, but I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE because I have stumbled on it before but cannot now recreate the steps. Can someone PLEASE give me those steps please, or else tell me where to find them? Noplace I have looked so far seems to be of much help. PLEASE HELP.
    Have you tried putting some of those "favorites" in a Group?
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=outlook+create+groups

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No. I am trying to find the directions for placing them in the my favorites dropdown in the lower left corner as I have noted. Is there some reason I should not do that, after doing it successfully a time or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Have you tried putting some of those "favorites" in a Group?
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=outlook+create+groups

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks
    To repair the Office installation go to Control Panel | Programs | Uninstall a Program. Select the Office installation. Click "Change". Try the quick repair first.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Isn't this a bit of "putting the horse before the cart?" Running the repair as you suggest will still leave me where I am now, unable to save Outlook contacts to the small Favorites dropdown in the lower left corner, and thus my original question.
    To repair the Office installation go to Control Panel | Programs | Uninstall a Program. Select the Office installation. Click "Change". Try the quick repair first.

Joe

David E. Cann

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I looked at only a few of the items found at https://duckduckgo.com/?q=outlook+favorites but seems they talk more about adding Folders to the Favorites in Outlook.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It isn't a big thing really, but I originally stumbled into populating the Favorite popup that comes up if you hover the curser over the "People" option in the lower right corner. Turned out to be a handy little tool for people I contact regularly, but I neglected to jot down the steps to get there and cannot repeat them from memory thanks to my aging (73) gray matter. Christmas week is not a good time to be doing this, so if SOMEONE can't tell me the steps to make it work then I will give up on it and maybe try again later. Very frustrating, but neither Google now 2 Outlook books have been of any help either. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I looked at only a few of the items found at https://duckduckgo.com/?q=outlook+favorites but seems they talk more about adding Folders to the Favorites in Outlook.

David E. Cann

Administrator
    Thanks
    Repairing the Office installation may fix the issue. You don't know that it will leave you in the same situation.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    The only thing I had to do to make it work was right click on a contact as select "add to favorites".

Joe

jwoods
    The only thing I had to do to make it work was right click on a contact as select "add to favorites".

Joe
    That is correct, and was the subject of the link in post #6.

I wonder why the OP continues to post here, asks for advice, and then argues with the advice he gets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast