5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Received Genuine Microsoft Advantage for my Win7 VM.

The VM was just too much a resource hog for me to use regularly (use XP VM instead). I had purchased a Win7 upgrade (pre-ordered months before Win7 launched) and had installed it again as a VM when Ol' Betsy died on me and I bought a Win8.1 PC at that time. Been working great until today for whatever reason. It was 13 or so days since I last ran the VM (mainly to install Windows updates; just run the VM once a month). Decided, calling Microsoft support to validate the process wasn't worth it since, again, I never used it so deleted the VM. I wonder if I can transfer the license to a friend who's still running Windows Vista (would actually give it to him actually). Probably not. Still, it was one of the pre-order DVDs from way back when.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If the W7 license is retail, then you can give it away. If it's OEM you can't.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It was originally offered by Microsoft (part of pre-order offer they had back in the day). Believe it is retail; need to dig up the DVD to find out. lol

Hope it is; know a person that could really use it (tired of helping him get his system working all the time; even had to build his system from recovery partition which too hours. lol).