New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb Window comparison

Which Window in better function wise. Window 10 or Window 8. I have heard lot of complaints about Window 10.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    They seem to be much the same, but Windows 10 has better program management - it wouldn't be hard to be better than W8.
    If you have 8 and it is OK, wait for another few months before upgrading, to allow W10 to mature.
    If you are getting a new PC, go straight to 10.

cheers, Paul

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tabeer View Post
    Which Window in better function wise. Window 10 or Window 8. I have heard lot of complaints about Window 10.
    I have never used WIN 7 and I started learning Windows with WIN 8.1. I have upgraded to WIN 10 and although I had trouble getting the upgrade to WIN 10 to work I have never looked back. Personaly I like WIN 10 and there is a good chance you will to. By the sounds WIN 7 is better then WIN 10 but WIN 10 is better then WIN 8.1. I are not clued up enough to go into the technical things and will leave that to someone else but I say do the upgrade.
    Good luck Pete. BTW welcome to the lounge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWIpeteW View Post
    I have never used WIN 7 and I started learning Windows with WIN 8.1. I have upgraded to WIN 10 and although I had trouble getting the upgrade to WIN 10 to work I have never looked back. Personaly I like WIN 10 and there is a good chance you will to.
    You're a lucky guy. You don't have to unlearn anything. You have a totally honest view of Windows 8 and beyond.

It would be interesting to see what you think of Windows 7, if you started on 8.1 and then went to 7.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good analysis KIWIpeteW

Well, If some one have used win 7, its difficult for him/her to use win 8 or 8.1 but win 10 is more similar to win 10 I guess. I had notification for up-gradation win 8.1 to Win 10 and once I up-graded it but reverted to win 8.1. Its only because my laptop screen touch did not work on win 10.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Its only because my laptop screen touch did not work on win 10.
    Don't know what your Notebook/Laptop is but I have 2 Dell Inspiron 15 Notebooks [one I bought, 1 I was given to rehab] that came with Win8/8.1 and the touchscreen still works on both with Win10. Maybe it's a driver issue with yours?

Thanks
    (Its only because my laptop screen touch did not work on win 10.)
    If you are keen to give WIN 10 another go maybe you can get your touch screen going with these instructions.They are for HP but try and google for your brand name and maybe you can get find a solution. If you are keen with touch screen use WIN 10 has Tablet Mode which takes full advantage of your touch screen. Personally I don't use Tablet Mode with my touch screen as you can't restore down and run apps/windows side by side.
    Touch screen not working after update to windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5173947
    Step 1: Shutdown your PC.
    Step 2: Install Windows Updates.
    Step 3: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test
    a.1: Plug the AC Adapter into the computer.
    a.2: Press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds.
    a.3: Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly.
    a.4: When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.
    a.5: Click Touchscreeen.
    a.6 There are two interactive touch screen tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.
    a.6 Read the on screen instructions, and click Run Once.
    a.7: Touch each block to erase them the test ends when all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed and results are displayed.
    a.8 Click the main menu to return to the UEFI Screen and click the second test.
    a.9: Click Compenent Tests, and then click Touchscreen again.
    a.10 Click Drag and Drop Test.
    a.11: Read the on screen instructions, then click Run Once again.
    a.12: Drag and drop the the blocks according to the screen. The test ends after all the blocks are repositioned, or after three minutes have passed.
    Also take a look at this way to downlod WIN 10.
    Download Windows 10 November Update ISO file via Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool – WinBeta
    There is still a lot of advice to wait a few months before upgrading but my experience is positive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KIWIpeteW For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-12-25)

Thanks
    Windows 10
    Even with it's many pesky little issues Windows 10 is still the better OS, even better than Windows 7.
    *I can't stress the usefulness of a current and workable backup and recovery regimen; Your data and OS
    should be backed up independently.
    *Prior to any upgrade your current system should be cleaned up as much as possible.
    *Data and OS should be separated as much as possible prior to the upgrade; the more bloat you have
    on the OS partition, the longer the upgrade will take.
    *If your upgrade is problematic then a clean install should be performed.
    *Don't even bother upgrading if your hardware & software applications are too old.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.