3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Upgrade - what to do about parental control

I just upgraded my daughter's laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. (She's 15 - so the greatest risk!)

Under Windows 8.1 I had parental control on her account (which was a standard account). During the upgrade there was some cryptic message about parental controls not working any more under Windows 10, but it was one of those screens that flash up whilst installing, and you don't pay too much attention.

How do I get to the Parental Controls for Windows 10, and how do I know if its on or off?
    Thanks for the help!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul
    The problem does not lie in setting up the Family Settings under Windows 10 - that I can do.

When I upgraded the machine from Win8.1, the account was already set up as a child account, with the settings that these two links provide.

When I upgraded, my daughter's account is no longer a "Family Member" - its just another account. This is rather odd... because it was already set up under the Family Account for Win8.1. Do I need to delete the account and re-start? If that is the case, then I will have to find another alternative, because she has a fair amount of data, and I don't really want to have to do a complete install for her "new" account. It would mean all her settings and everything else would have to also be set up.

Any suggestions?

jwoods
    You could change her account to be a Standard user, so she would not have permissions to install or change anything.

You could restrict (block and allow) certain web sites using Content Advisor in Internet Explorer.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Is the account in question a local account? It's an "improvement".
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...ental-controls

cheers, Paul