2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I activate File History again?

Hi to all,
    I am trying to get my File History working again. I went into Control Panel > File History and received the message 'File History doesn't recognize this drive'. The drive is an External WD My Book 3TB with 2.38 TB free space available. It tells me to 'Reconnect' the drive but I don't have any idea what that means. The drive shows up in 'This PC' and I can access it and do normal functions. Even when I try to select another External Drive to save File History to, after I highlight it I don't see any way to save the new selection so nothing happens and I receive the same 'Doesn't recognize this drive' error.
    Will someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to correct it? Respectfully, GG
    Attached Images Attached Images

jwoods
    You might try these steps from Microsoft..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-history-drive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Graphics Guy (2015-12-24)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jwoods,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I went to the site you suggested and found the answer I needed to get my File History working again. All it took was to delete the File History files from my C:drive User settings and Windows allowed me to use the External Drive I wanted. Thanks again your suggestion really helped. Happy Holidays!
    Respectfully, GG