Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook.com contacts multiplying

I have a problem with Outlook.com CSV contacts - not my pst copy. I have been storing my contacts now only in my outlook data file pst with nothing entered in the email outlook.com csv file. Yet it is syncing with something and every couple of days I will have to go to it and remove 4-6000 entries.
    (My address book has 638 entries). I do have a copy of the csv contacts now on gmail and have been using it between my devices with no problems and no duplications. I had my gmail account on a imap but have now changed it back to pop to try to see if it was causing the outlook.com to sync and create all the duplicates. I have tried telling it not to sync, not to create duplicates and nothing works. I have completely uninstall office 2010 and reinstalled everything from scratch and still no fix.
    How do I stop my outlook.com from sycing in Windows 10 version 1511? I did not have this problem before the update.
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    One thing I'd do is look at the Contacts Folder on the computer, located at C:\Users\yourname\Contacts. Two easy ways to get there, one is put Contacts in the Search box and click on it and the other is to hold down the Windows key and type r. Check the contents of that Folder, might have duplicates in it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

LadyC (2015-12-25)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - I checked there and there are no contacts even listed.