Thanks

EduCBA courses scam, via MakeUseOf and others

I've received a couple of MakeUseOf promos for 'pay what you like' bundles, and apparently many other sites are offering the same deal. They're mostly video-based training courses delivered digitally via YouTube, eg Office Productivity bundle, Financial Modeling bundle, etc. The idea is pay what you like. If you pay more than the current average price, you get all the courses within the bundle. If you pay less, you get access to 1-2 courses.

Last week there was an offer on a bundle of programming languages courses. That's something I wouldn't mind tucking away for when I can find time, so I did some research. The obviously fake reviews at sites like ResellerRatings.com and SiteJabber.com confirmed what I assumed--too good to be true. I didn't find one genuine review from the SERPs for "educba reviews".

Only on Reddit and Engadget did I eventually find realistic reviews, too many of which said "utterly worthless". I wonder how many people are taken in by the equally worthless 'professional' review sites, allied with a "98% off" blanket bombing ad campaign across the web?
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    98% off has to be a scam!

cheers, Paul