5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

[Solved] Win10/Office2016 Startup

After several re-boots (for other reasons) the permissions caught up.

I'm using Windows 10, Office 2016 (365) and I can't save a dotm template to my default Startup folder, and any file I open from that folder is read-only. The Startup folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\STARTUP

I thought I set the login to have all read/write permission, but I must have missed something. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Last edited by richardbarrett; 2015-12-26 at 19:06.

Thanks
    Can't help with the read/write permissions, but it is possible to have a separate Word Startup Folder. I prefer doing this. It is done through the file locations dialog in advanced options.

I don't know of a time when I would want to add a .dotm file to the OFFICE STARTUP folder.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2015-12-27 at 12:35.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OfficeNN\Startup was for a long time the default Startup folder. Some of the folks I work with resist change (sometimes with good reason) and continue to use that. It's a single location on a PC and doesn't require delivery of startup templates to each user's profile. I understand the desire for easy distribution, but each version of Windows/Office has made it a bit less satisfactory (for security reasons, of course). For example, on a Citrix server where a number of users share the C: drive, admin folks prefer this Startup folder. It's usually a level below the folder where WinWord.exe is located. VBA's Application.Path returns that folder, and it's easy to add subfolder Startup. Sometimes this folder is user for universal startup templates, and practice group startup templates are delivered to the roaming profile startup folders for specific PG members.