5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Common Controls

I have solved this. I moved the OCX file from the VFS folder (never leaning what that folder was for) to the SysWOW64 folder under c:\Window\Sys. The installer did not register the OCX in any location. I did so manually. To get the References to appear in VBA, browsing the folder wasn't sufficient: I had to type the name of the file I was looking for. In the end: success.

I have long used the Date Picker that is/was included in MS Common Controls(MSCOMCT2.OCX). I have that install file and ran it in Windows 10 to use with Word 2016. The installer asked if I wanted to run as an administrator; I clicked Yes. A window then said it had successfully been installed. I expected to find it in c:\windows\SysWOW64, but did not. After some searching, I found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\SystemX86. However, it does not appear when I browse under References in the VBA Editor. The date of the file is Nov. 3, 2015; I believe that's the date I upgraded to Windows 10. I don't know whether that file is the result of today's install or the Windows upgrade, or when I installed Office 2016 (Office 365).

A Google search doesn't give any info about this folder, and most of the info about the OCX file is from several years ago. Does anyone know about Windows 10/Common Controls or the VFS folder? I'm reluctant to register the OCX because I'm not sure where it came from.

Thanks.
    Last edited by richardbarrett; 2015-12-28 at 20:10.

Thanks
    Richard,

I have done this many times under Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64bit editions (note: their destination files are different). See the WS post where I have described the process in detail.

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/163690-Add-In-MS-Date-Time-Picker-missing-for-XL-2010?highlight=mscomct2.ocx

You will need both the .inf and .ocx files. Once completed, I also had to navigate to the folder to reference it. My guess is that it is a registry key that does not get set but regardless, the active x Ccontrol work flawlessly.

HTH,
    Maud

Thanks
    Oops, I see that you have resolved the issue