5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I stop Windows from automatically sleeping/shutting down?

I sometimes run long "backup" jobs, only to find that Windows shuts down or sleeps before the job is finished. I have searched the web and do not seem to be able to find how to stop Windows from doing this - it will tell how to do it, but not how to stop it. I am sure this is something fairly simple, so any insight anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ron M

Thanks
    Go into power settings in the control panel and set sleep to never, or increase the time to sleep
    for your various hardware items (monitor/hard drive etc.)
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Control Panel Power Options - create a power plan, PowerUser or any name you like, make sure all settings are Never; no monitor blanking, no HD powering down, no sleep, no hybernate, no shutdown. Use PowerUser power option whenever you are going to make long backups.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    CLiNT and RolandJS, thanks very much. I knew it had to be something simple, just not intuitively obvious to me.

Ron M

P.S. CLiNT is that your latest build that you have described there? What are the 7 other internal drives. I am just curious because I had a system custom built about a year ago and it is a bit similar to yours, except for the "7 other internal drives. What do you use as a keyboard and mouse?

Thanks
    The disks are used primarily for storage with the exception of the extra SSDs, they
    are used for video and photo manipulation.
    The keyboard is a corsair mini and the mouse a midrange Logitech.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.