4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Image Acquisition stops working

While using Paint Shop Pro to save a recently edited and renamed photo to the same folder as the original, the save fails. Checking the reliability monitor, I get the attached message. This problem is repeatable.

Initially, I suspected that my Paint Shop Pro installation was corrupted, but the error message seems to indicate a problem with svchost.exe.

Am I reading this correctly, and if so, how do I fix the problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jwoods
    Stisvc (Still Image Service) failed when it was running inside of svchost.

You might try uninstalling and then re-installing Paint Shop Pro.

Additionally, make sure that your drivers are current for any camera or scanner sofware you have installed.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I have done as you suggested, as well as replacing my 32-bit version of IrfanView with the 64-bit version.

The camera software and the scanner software were not involved when the problem occurred (although I believe they are up to date). The photos had been transferred to my hard drive directly from the SD card, after it had been removed from the camera. Once on my hard drive, IrfanView was the default photo viewer.
    If the problem recurs, I'll have to figure out what might be causing it, but for now, everything looks OK.

FYI, immediately after the problem occurred, all scans (sfc /scannow, Malwarebytes, Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Avast, and TDS Killer) were negative.

Thanks again.