3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Puzzling Shortcut Responses

I have two shortcuts on my Win10 PC (to MP3Gain and Karen's Power Tools Replicator) which don't go straight to the intended program but start the Windows Installer for MS Office 2010, which I also have on the computer. I then have to click the 'Cancel' button several times to clear, after which the intended program starts OK.
    I've examined the shortcut properties and they're both set up as expected, with no mention of MS Office, in fact everything is normal, and all the other shortcuts I've tested behave normally.
    I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this and would appreciate any advice.

Alex
    Last edited by A1ex; 2015-12-28 at 06:11. Reason: Extra Info

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Alex! That's really strange. Have you tried to delete the short cuts and create a new short cut??
    I'm sure you have, but that's all I can think of at this time!!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried that and also uninstalled then reinstalled the progs with no joy.

I've had other problems with Windows10, which was an upgrade from W8.1, so I decided to run a clean reinstall, which automatically validated on my PC.
    Needless to say I've had no problems since, and start up time is considerably improved. I'd advise anyone to do a clean install, I don't think Win10 likes upgrading!

Alex

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Amen brother, I notice more than a few little quirks in my own two upgrades, it runs well for the most part but those little things can be really annoying when older OSes like 7 and XP are pearfict for me.