Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jwoods

The "X-Files" 6-episode miniseries starts January 24th

Thanks
    I never watched it cos it was rubbish

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    If you never watched it, how do you know?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I wonder how long it will take to get to the UK and it will be interesting to see how they explain post alien invasion as the final episode saw Moulder and Scully sat at home waiting for the inevitable invasion.

Towards the end I thought Chris Carter had lost plot and any "credibility" when they dug Moulder up from his grave 3 months after his death following the post mortem of some guy who had been equally treated.

My thought was how come they didn't perform an autopsy on Moulder given the nature of his treatment and subsequent death and they would have found then what was inside of him.

PMs are standard in any unusual death and throughout the series we saw Scully perform enough of them - just not on Moulder.

When it does come to the UK, that first new episode will determine whether I continue watching it or not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    lots of things are 'rubbish' and still entirely entertaining. all personal preference.
    Some like Disco and some like Opera some like old English folk. Some watch Survivor some watch SurvivorMan. aaa what ever!
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    I never watched it because the trailers didn't grab me. So whether it was rubbish or not I have no idea. The smiley was to show I was being ironic; especially as many people actually say something is rubbish when they've hardly watched/used/experienced said thing. Ah well......

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Some of the episodes were indeed rubbish, but many others were very intriguing. Then there was that relationship between Scully and Mulder that made even the rubbish worth watching. It was often better than other shows on at that time (IMHO).

Thanks
    +1
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I remember watching a lot of episodes but they started to get sort of boring. Then, of course, they jumped the shark if you will with all the abduction stuff of the main characters and the missing Mulder episodes and such. Not sure I'll be watching this new encounter or not. If you do, let me know how you like it.

As an aside, my favorite episode was the one where they feeble guy was able to predict the fate of others and that included himself (as he described rotting in the grave). I also liked the time travel episode when, I believe Mulder, was on the ship.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's really too bad that they are only making 6 episodes and calling it a "Mini Series". They could have made 3 or 4 more episodes and had a complete Season! They don't make 22 episode Seasons anymore in the U.S. and even the 10 episode "Seasons" are broken up by repeats, holiday breaks, and other hiatuses. IMO TV really sucks here anymore. Then they have these award shows where they can pat themselves on the back for being able to make millions of dollars for 10 episodes. Okay, end of rant. Sorry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CEScott For This Useful Post:

FRIDGES (2016-01-24)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Given its long absence and the way the plot deteriorated (for me) towards the end, they may be waiting to see what the viewer response to it will be before going onto make more episodes.

If it doesn't attract the viewing figures then the TV companies won't be able to sell the advertising time for what they probably can charge for hit programs.

A favourite US program of mine is NCIS - the original, but I've noticed those series now only extend to 13 episodes.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I heard they put a lot of effort into making this entertaining and pleasing to original fans. So I'm thinking it will work out well.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    They'll still have to have some sort of continuity from the last series to make it credible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    They'll still have to have some sort of continuity from the last series to make it credible.

David

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I take it you aren't a fan, David ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast