Lounger
    Thanks

Question List of programs removed by Windows 10 upgrade

How/where can I get a list of all the apps and other stuff that was removed by the Windows 10 upgrade? I have read elsewhere that there was a notification that gave this info, but I have found no such notification.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you need to look on the desktop for a shortcut for Edge. That's what showed up on one of my upgrades.
    Joe

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by JNygren View Post
    How/where can I get a list of all the apps and other stuff that was removed by the Windows 10 upgrade? I have read elsewhere that there was a notification that gave this info, but I have found no such notification.
    It appears there is no list...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...l-496120.shtml

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Speccy is the only program that was removed on my up grade. I reinstalled it and it works fine. Go figure??

Thanks
    The only program I have ever had removed by an upgrade is Windows Media Center. I just reinstalled it, and it worked fine.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    lol, nice. I understand why MS does this, but the arrogance towards their customers and their happy customers mostly taking it on the chin continues to amaze me.

Thanks for bringing yet another reason not to upgrade to my attention. Even Firefox simply disables non-compatible plug-ins on update, and provides notification and even an user option attempt to find an updated compatible plug-in. But MS can't be bothered to do the same. I bet some IT guys are not happy if these changes are being made without notice on their network.
    Last edited by Fascist Nation; 2016-01-06 at 09:09.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've read and heard where along with Media Center, some of the games that have always come with Windows are gone - like Solitaire, and maybe some others. I've heard that you can get them, but may have to pay for them. It's just hearsay because I don't have Win 10 but wow, is M$ really that hard pressed for money?! Also, you can't play DVD movies on the Media Player. Yeah, really great how they "new and improve" things these days.

Thanks
    You heard right! MS just twisting the dagger
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    I've read and heard where along with Media Center, some of the games that have always come with Windows are gone - like Solitaire, and maybe some others. I've heard that you can get them, but may have to pay for them. It's just hearsay because I don't have Win 10 but wow, is M$ really that hard pressed for money?! Also, you can't play DVD movies on the Media Player. Yeah, really great how they "new and improve" things these days.
    If you really want games check the store. There are many free ones there - Solitaire & Minesweeper among them. a DVD codec is not available in Windows 10 unless you upgraded from a system that had media center. If you did upgrade from a Media Center system then you may download and install the Microsoft DVD Player. In any event, you can always download the free VLC app to play DVDs. It may be annoying but it is not a big deal.

Joe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-06)